I really cannot believe that we are saying goodbye to January today and saying hello to February today! It literally feels like we brought in the new year yesterday and I have no idea where the time went. Geez!
Look up at the picture above. That’s exactly what I feel like doing right now. I am already feeling somewhat overwhelmed and my back against the wall. Woosah! Ok, I seriously need to get a grip on myself.
Have you made your goals yet for 2011? What are some of the projects you want to accomplish?
It still isn’t too late. Shhh I won’t tell if you won’t. Here are some of the major goals/projects that I have for the year 2011:
- Lose 30 pounds by March 10th - I may want to lose more afterwards but we will see. I recently purchased the Rebel Fitness Guide by Nerd Fitness. I highly suggest you take a looksie.
- Attend SXSW - I made this a goal from last year when I saw Twitter bombarded with Tweets about the festival and felt so left out.
- Get a Freakin’ Hold on my Finances – So I made a very bold decision last year to move out of my studio that I had all by my lonesome and move in a apartment with two other roommates. I know what you are thinking… but we all have our own bathrooms so that counts for a lot. Anywho, I decided to make this what appears to be a rash decision in order to save about 300 bucks on rent in addition to other things. Of course, this has not gone over too well because that extra 300 bucks is now being allocated to high CC bills ugh! Get a Freakin’ Hold on my Finances is a very serious goal that I have this year and to help with the process, I ditched my homemade budget excel worksheet and purchased one from Fabulously Broke . So far, it is well worth the purchase! Plus my funds were donated to charity!
- Make Passive Income Streams – In order to reach my goal of walking away from you know what, I quickly realized that I need to start generating revenue on the side from projects, services and/or side mini businesses. I’ve honestly been struggling with generating ideas because the Lizard Brain is getting in the way but I decided to borrow from my savings and become the “First 50″ of the Digital Nomad Academy (DNA). I know, I know, borrowing from your savings is a “no “no” unless I am almost on my death bed (just kidding) but I will make this investment worthwhile and classes start on February 9th!
- Travel Hacking – this is something I really want to conquer and hope to generate quite a few mileage points throughout the year
- Learn Photoshop, After Effects, Final Cut Pro- developing my skills in these programs will help bring me a step closer to launching my digital media marketing firm in addition to generating income on the side.
- Publish Online Video Campaigns - I have quite a few things up my sleeve that I would love to share with you so please stay tuned!
- Be a Badass Blogger - I have very high hopes for this here blog and want to accomplish the following: generate monthly reports of the projects accomplished and goals set for this blog; publish at least two e-books; continue to interview awesome badasses and share their projects; do some collabo work with other awesome bloggers; share some of the projects that I have accomplished and how to do them; build a strong subscriber base; Start small and write at least 2 guest posts for other blogs per month and increase gradually once I get the hang of it; last but not the very least make new friends with you all and other bloggers!
- Continue to kick-ass in the services that I do for my clients – last year I was blessed to have clients hire me knowingly that I do not have that much experience in certain arenas but I was able to sell myself and want to put huge smiles on their faces
- Stay in touch with extended family – I think we all fall victim to the busy work and begin to neglect the most important people who care. I want to find a balance and try to mend some of the relationships that I have been somewhat broken. Wish me luck!
Whew! That is quite a list and I am sure I left some things out. BTW, I am declaring this year the “Year of Follow-Through”!
How has 2011 treated you thus far? Are you still on track?
- Lose 30 pounds by March 10th - I officially start the Rebel Fitness Guide today along with a Paleo diet. Why March 10th? Because that will be the first day that I am at SXSW!
- Attend SXSW - I am counting down the days until the festival! I still need to buy my plane ticket though
- Get a Freakin’ Hold on my Finances – I started off very strong but as you see below I didn’t quite make it and got very very sloppy towards the end of the month. Geesh! So on to the next one. Note: Spending money on miscellaneous items definitely added up for me even if they were on average $3! I definitely need to watch what I am spending on food as well!
- Stay in touch with extended family – I have made a list of people I woud like to stay in contact with and put it on my calendar as a starting point.
On to You…
- Have you made your goals yets for 2011? Please share with us some of the goals/projects you would like to accomplish.
- How have you taken advantage of January? Are you still on track?